Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WOD with FRAN

WOD

WOD 1

"FRAN"
For time
21 Thruster 95lbs/Pull ups
15 Thruster 95lbs/Pull ups
9 Thruster 95lbs/Pull ups

Fran is one of CrossFits' benchmark workouts.  Everyone in the CrossFit community strives to destroy Fran. I know I will get asked by everyone "Why Fran?".  Fran is Greg Glassmans' first workout ever created just shy of 2000 and has become a staple in the community.

 I have only done it three times, each time my times have gotten better, but are no where near where I expected.   
The first time I did Fran it was as prescribed with strict pull ups and super insufficient thrusters coming in about 17 minutes. My Second attempt was a little better. I did the thrusters with an axle and the pull up with a basic kipping method coming in just under 9 min at 8:48.  After a good amount of practice different parts of these movements.  I got stronger in my push press and front squat, then learned the butterfly pull up and the value of really opening my hips, I did Fran in just under six minutes.  I plan on nocking of as much time as possible each time I do Fran.


WOD 2
Bench Press
For weight
1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1


WOD 3
Mile for time

No comments:

Post a Comment